Minor correction to March Dates
Please note that the dates for the first scale event of 2019 and the March backup F3f date have been ammended and are not as advertised on the club events poster that has been sent out.
Please check the dates on the calendar and F3f pages, before setting out for Whitesheet
The correct, revised dates are
March 10th – Winter league F3f
March 17th – Scale fly in
Yikes ! 68mph W-WNW.
- On Arriving at Whitesheet at around 8.30, my wind meter showed that we had a steady 30 gusting to 35 mph W – WNW
- Andy B & I walked out in advance of everyone, to the very far end of what is known as ‘Morgans’ .
- Whilst I set about marking / measuring out the course Andy had a fly to test the conditions. Within 5 minutes of him launching the wind had picked up significantly, this I recorded as 50- gusting to 55 mph .
- Credit to Andy, he stuck with it for several more minutes in what would best be described as being a bit of ‘challenging air’ lol.
- After a few more minutes of being truly battered by the wind, Andy’s quick & crisp footwork to keep his balance would have scored him a perfect 10 on ‘Strictly’ lol
- While taking a further windmeter reading it had now averaged a steady 55 – 60, with a highest measured gust of 68 mph THUD !
- By now watching Andy’s deft footwork to keep himself upright was like watching Michael Flatley in Riverdance
- With the wind still picking up, Andy then brought his model around to score a perfect 10 landing .
- The result……….a round of applause to Andy B & Comp cancelled .
- Windswept Stu. Whitesheet Comp Sec.
membership fees for 2019
The BMFA have released 2019 membership fees.
The fees agreed for 2019 are as follows:
- Senior £38
- Junior £17
- Family Senior £38
- Family Partner £25
- Family Junior £13
***Renewals available from 1st December 2018***
White Sheet Radio Flying Club invite all members to the 2018 AGM
THE DAY—> Saturday 17th November
THE TIME —> Commencing 2:30pm
THE PLACE —> The Dolphin Inn, Gillingham. Dorset
Hello, fellow static aviators…
Hopefully you have all enjoyed a fabulous year flying in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside up on White Sheet Down.
<—Open Slopes events were very successful—>
Fortunately we were blessed with fabulous weather this year
2018 was a great year for “F3F” at White Sheet
Practising, competitions or just for the sheer enjoyment of flying the pinnacle of sailplane technology
Piloting skills are superb and the accompanying soundtrack of an
F3F airframe howling across the sky is quite exhilarating
Organised events have all run very successfully in 2018,
with one exception…. You knew it was coming…
These guys don’t know…
When all the sky gods cooperate and scale birds get airborne,
it is always a marvellous sight to see.
No! this gentleman is not relaxing.
Contrary to what this photo may suggest, actually, this gentleman is navigating for a fellow pilot.
A very important job and proof that, yes, pictures do lie. Honest…
We all wish you better luck with your scale events next year Chris
TO BUSINESS, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN.
2019 is fast approaching, and the winter season will soon be upon us again.
As always this signifies that it is AGM time once again.
I am positive every one of you just shouted Yes…
Please add WSRFC AGM to your diary
As in previous years, the 2018 AGM will be held at
The Dolphin Inn, Gillingham, Dorset. Kicking off at 2:30pm. Saturday 17th November 2018
How to find us …
For those of us who haven’t been before the postcode for your SAT-NAVs is —>
For those without all that newfangled pesky technology —>
The Dolphin Inn can be found on the B3092 on the outskirts of Gillingham Dorset.
If you drive through Gillingham on the B3092 looking to your starboard side and do not see The Dolphin Inn, turn around and drive back through Gillingham.
Once again, survey the starboard side and you will be sure to find The Dolphin Inn.
If not, turn around and repeat all the above until you do….
- Minutes of 2017 AGM.
- Matters arising.
- To receive an annual report from each member of the Executive Committee.
- To review an audited statement of the funds of the WSRFC. The audit shall be carried out by a member who is not on the Committee.
- Consider and adopt, WSRFC Handbook Amendments, for 2018-2019
- Approve charitable donation proposed at the previous year’s AGM.
- Select charity for support in 2019.
- To hold elections
- To set the Annual Subscription for the ensuing year.
- Consider proposed, WSRFC Handbook Amendments, for 2019-2020
- *Announce provisional dates for 2019 open slopes
- *Announce provisional dates for 2019 Scale meetings
- *Announce provisional dates for 2019 F3F competitions at White Sheet.
- Other Business
- To vote on motions listed on the agenda.
Prize giving ceremony
Mike Bleatham has kindly agreed to be presenter for the 2018 Open Slopes Prize giving ceremony.
Thank you Mike.
“CALLING ALL White Sheet Radio Flying Club Members“
White Sheet Radio Flying Clubs AGM is YOUR chance to have a say in how YOUR club is run so please do come along.
If you have anything you would like to propose please comment via the links below.
Any comments not relevant to the AGM agenda will be thoroughly ignored and deleted ….
Sensible comments & your proposals please, to your:
~~~~~~~~The main event is the AGM but of course this is also an opportunity to meet with friends new and old, chat about this years interesting landings, the latest F3F technology, scale gliders or just about anything. There’s always something to talk about, and then there is, free food…
Thank you for taking the time.
We hope to see you soon.
WSRFC Secretary 2017-2018
- Here are the dates and details of the coming Southern Winter league F3f competitions. Hopefully the weather will be much kinder to us than last year when only 2 comps were staged, one of these being at Whitesheet the other at The Long Man, Eastbourne.
- The venues for the coming competitions are Whitesheet, Butser Hill & Eastbourne.
- Whitesheet for all wind directions including & in between NNW- S
- Butser Hill, NE winds
- Eastbourne. N-E-S winds
- The chosen venue for each competition being dependant upon the forecast wind direction.
- A ‘venue & weather call’ will be made on the Friday evening before each competition, note ;- earlier if the various forecast allow. This decision will be announced / posted on the Whitesheet RFC website, the
- BARCS forum Southern Winter league thread, & via an email to all WRFC members.
- Southern Winter League Competition dates ;-
- Round 1 ;- Sunday Oct 28th, – Cancelled
- Round 2;- Sunday, Nov 25th. – Cancelled.
- Rds 1 & 2 reserve;- Sunday Dec 9th – Date not required
- Round 3 ;- Sunday, Dec 23rd. – Cancelled.
- Round 4 ;- Sunday Jan 27th 2019 – Comp staged at Whitesheet
- Round 5 ;- Sunday Feb 24th 2019 – Cancelled
- Rds 3, 4 & 5 reserve ;- Sunday Mar 10th 2019. – Comp cancelled on day due to 68mph winds !
- The Regional winter lg comps are the perfect introduction to this very exciting branch of our sport. Newcomers are encouraged to come along and try F3f for perhaps their first time, always being guaranteed a very warm welcome. Hints, tips & advice on model set up & flying the course are always freely given. Most sports models are perfectly suitable to use, you don’t need an expensive F3f mouldie. It is through these comps that most of us regular F3f pilots ourselves started.
PLEASE NOTE ;-
- Whitesheet slope closure information.
- For reasons of safety, the Whitesheet slopes will be closed to all flying other than for that of the competition while F3f competitions are in progress.
- Competitions run from 9.00am- until / at around 5.00pm.
- Visit the F3f page for full competition details .
- Stu, Whitesheet Competition secretary.
- This month’s club meeting, (October 2018) usually held at the Somerset Arms, Maiden Bradley, will NOT take place.
- Unlike normal club meetings, generally scheduled for the second Wednesday of the month, Novembers meeting is scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month.
- Wednesday 7th November 2018, commencing at the usual time at or before 8pm, and the usual place, The Somerset Arms, Maiden Bradley.
- Please continue to regularly check the website for updates.