Southern Winter league F3f, reserve Sund March 10th
Yikes ! 68mph W-WNW.
- On Arriving at Whitesheet at around 8.30, my wind meter showed that we had a steady 30 gusting to 35 mph W – WNW
- Andy B & I walked out in advance of everyone, to the very far end of what is known as ‘Morgans’ .
- Whilst I set about marking / measuring out the course Andy had a fly to test the conditions. Within 5 minutes of him launching the wind had picked up significantly, this I recorded as 50- gusting to 55 mph .
- Credit to Andy, he stuck with it for several more minutes in what would best be described as being a bit of ‘challenging air’ lol.
- After a few more minutes of being truly battered by the wind, Andy’s quick & crisp footwork to keep his balance would have scored him a perfect 10 on ‘Strictly’ lol
- While taking a further windmeter reading it had now averaged a steady 55 – 60, with a highest measured gust of 68 mph THUD !
- By now watching Andy’s deft footwork to keep himself upright was like watching Michael Flatley in Riverdance
- With the wind still picking up, Andy then brought his model around to score a perfect 10 landing .
- The result……….a round of applause to Andy B & Comp cancelled .
- Windswept Stu. Whitesheet Comp Sec.