Forthcoming Legislation and how it will affect us, all.
Registration & Test
New regulations regarding all Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)’s 250g -20kg come into force 30th November 2019
- Everyone wishing to fly model aircraft will have to pass a test and complete a separate registration.
- All drones and model aircraft will need to be labelled with the operator’s unique ID number.
- Every three years UAV operators will need to sit, and pass, an online test.
- Tests will be free.
- Tests will be available from 1 October 2019.
- For those without internet access a hard copy of the test will be available. (Details yet to be confirmed)
- UAV operators must be 18 or over to register.
- There will be an annual fee for registration as an operator. (To be confirmed)
- Registration will be available from 1 October 2019.
- Full responsibility for safe operation remains with the person operating the UAV.
- It is up to individual operators to assure themselves of the accuracy of the data and comply with all UK drone rules and regulations.
Please check the official CAA website for updates…
You may find the following safety apps useful.
Download NATS Drone Assist app free…
Download Airmap free…