Southern Winter League F3f round 1. 29/10/17.
- The Southern Winter League of “17/18 got off to a ‘Cracking’ start on Sund Oct 29th, with a trip to The Long Man’ Nr Eastbourne West Sussex.
- Ten pilots arrived eagerly early ahead of the meet time, all offering helping hands both to myself & Pete Burgess, to help carry all the comp gear up the hill. The walk up is a steady incline all the way to the top, taking around 30 minutes I guess. The beautiful views across the Sussex countryside, certainly help you forget the pain of your aching legs.
- On arriving at the top, we set up the course directly over the top of The Long Man’ figure. The wind started the day being a steady 15 mph N -NNW , this built to a max of 25 mph. This steady breeze blew consistently throughout the day, no turbulent gusts or lulls & only a few thermals came through. This made for very similar flying conditions for each pilot in each round, perfect. Cloudy skies steadily cleared during the morning to give way to blue skies & sunshine, it was a beautiful late October day.
- With conditions such as they were, & 10 pilots competing we flew a ‘crow through’, thus enabling 2 rounds per flight. This we did so as to maximise the number of rounds flown, & to avoid a continuous rush in every round for everyone to fly, then land as quickly as possible & then get to a base to buzz as quickly as possible so as to avoid holding up the comp.
- With conditions being so very consistent throughout the day, no one pilot had the advantage of flying their 2 rds in ‘very good air’. The crow through & 2 rds per flight proved to be a very good decision, all pilots giving very positive feedback on this both throughout the day, & again after the comp. This decision enabled us to fly a total of 16 rds.
- 1 Mike Shellim 1000.00 Needle 115
- 2 Graeme Mahoney 998.93 FSL, Freestyler.
- 3 Ian Falconer 975.88 Shinto
- 4 Tony Livingstone 964.4o Fosa
- 5 Stuart Wallace 938.34 Radical Pro
- 6 Peter Burgess 935.00 Pitbull
- 7 Sam Wallace 900.68 Willow 1
- 8 Nigel Witchalls 886.63 Ceres
- 9 Phil Taylor 864.91 Radical, T Master
- 10 Allen Elliott 416.57 Needle 124, Needle 115.
- Fastest time of the day;- Graeme Mahoney 36.66 (rd 14)
- Spreadsheet Southern Winter lg F3f rd 1
- Stu, Whitesheet Competition Secretary.
Southern Winter league F3f round 2. 26/11/17
- Round 2 of the Southern Winter Lg was very successfully staged on the Whitesheet RFC slopes on Sund Nov 26th.
- On arriving at the slope 13 pilots were greeted onto our slopes with bright sunshine, blue skies and a very chilly WNW breeze, it was a ‘Cracking’ November morning.
- With the course erected, models assembled, & pilots briefing held, racing got underway just before 10.00am.
- Conditions were variable throughout the day, the early bright sunshine was replaced by cloud cover, the WNW breeze ranged from 4-7 M/s. The breeze fell away below the legal limit causing a slightly early end to racing at around 3.00pm.
- It was a days racing requiring accurate flying to get the most out of the air. The few thermals that came through were very weak affairs. Winning round times were in the high 40’s to low 50’s
- 1. Martin Drewett. 7816.41. Pitbull.
- 2. Tony Livingstone. 7554.00. Fosa.
- 3. Stuart Wallace. 7552.28. Radical.
- 4. Mike Shellim. 7373.58. Needle 115.
- 5. Ian Falconer. 7266.38. Shinto.
- 6. Mark Passingham. 7198.44. Cyril.
- 7. John Treble. 7190.19. Pitbull.
- 8. Nigel Witchals. 7189.94. Pitbull.
- 9. Pete Burgess. 7022.40. Pitbull.
- 10. Graeme Mahoney. 7016.02. FSL. Freestyler
- 11. Samuel Wallace. 6885.22. Willow 1.
- 12. Phil Taylor. 6610.11. Fletcher, T Master.
- 13.Allen Elliot. 6545.98. Needle 115.
- Fastest time of the day, Martin Drewett 46.17. (rd 5).
- Spreadsheet, Southern Winter lg rd 2 Nov 26th 2017
- Stu. Whitesheet Competition Secretary.
Southern Winter League rounds 3 & 4 comp dates ;
- Southern Winter League round 3 Sunday January 28th 2018. Cancelled .
- Southern Winter League round 4, Sunday February 25th 2018. Cancelled.
- Reserve date of March 11th for these two comps. Cancelled.
- Stu, Whitesheet Competition Secretary.
Southern Winter League F3f result. (2 contests counting.)
- With the Southern winter league now completed, the tables are available to view on the GBSRA (Great Britain Slope Racing Association) website ;- http://www.gbsra.co.uk/winter-league-2017-18
- The following 5 pilots have qualified for the 2 day Champion of Champions F3f competition. This takes place at the Bwlch in South Wales 7-8th April.
- Mike Shellim
- Tony Livingstone.
- Ian Falconer.
- Stuart Wallace.
- Graeme Mahoney.
- Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.
THE ENGLISH OPEN F3f 2018.
Whitesheet, aug 18-19th.
Sponsored by South Coast Sailplanes
- The Whitesheet RFC are proud to announce that they are staging the English Open F3f competition of 2018, over the weekend of aug 18-19th.
- South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne continues to give excellent sponsorship & support to the event. http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/
- Steve Webb models https://www.stevewebb.co.uk/ https://www.servoshop.co.uk/ & Bucks Composites https://www.bucks-composites.com/ both continue to give their very much valued support to this event.