Southern Winter League F3f 2019 / 20.
The Regional winter lg F3f comps are the perfect introduction to this very exciting branch of our sport. Newcomers are encouraged to come along and try F3f for perhaps their first time, always being guaranteed a very warm welcome.
Hints, tips & advice on model set up, turn styles & flying the course are always freely given. Most sports models are perfectly suitable to use, you don’t need an expensive F3f mouldie.
It is through these comps that most of us regular F3f pilots ourselves started.
The comps will be staged at the venues of Whitesheet, (NNW- SSW) & Eastbourne ( most other directions) each competition venue being dependant upon the forecast wind direction.
Sunday December 22nd Competition cancelled .
For full competition details , please follow the link below to the BARCS forums.
Sunday January 26th
Sunday February 23rd
Sunday March 22 nd.
Whitesheet slope closure information
To enable the safe & successful staging of F3f competitions at Whitesheet, the Whitesheet slopes will be closed to all flying other than for that of the competition while F3f competitions are in progress.
Competitions run from 9.00am- 5.00pm (approx finish time).
Thank you very much for your understanding & co-operation regarding this.
WRFC F3f Calander 2020.
Sunday 21st June 2020 – BMFA F3F at White Sheet
Sunday 26th April – BMFA F3F at White Sheet
Sat 22nd Sund 23rd August 2020 The English Open F3f
The English Open F3f 2019.
A Cracking’ English Open F3f 2019.
Twenty four pilots coming from across the UK competed in this years competition.
The event was blessed with dry weather, & a moderate SW-WSW breeze throughout.
A total of 16 rounds were flown.
The Podium ;-
1st, Congratulations to Andy Burgoyne, Winner of the 2019 English Open Trophy.
2nd, Congratulations to Whitesheet RFC member Graeme Mahoney on finishing in 2nd place,
3rd, Congratulations to John Philips on finishing in third place.
Congratulations to Whitesheet RFC’s Team ‘Gifcof’ on winning the 2019 English Open Team event. Team members;- Graeme Mahoney, Tony Livingstone, Ian Falconer.
Congratulations to Ian Falconer on winning the ‘Fastest time of the 2019 English Open.
The results .
Official photographs by Mike Shellim.
Mike Shellim, Winner of the 2018 English open, has published an excellent set of photographs & report from this years competition. This is available to view on his excellent RC-Soar website .http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2019/engopen/index.php
Mike has kindly given his permission for me to post his photo’s of this years winners.
Full credit & thanks for these photos to Mike Shellim. http://www.rc-soar.com/ailable here English Open F3f 2019 Spreadsheet.
Winner Andy Burgoyne.
Runner up Graeme Mahoney.
3rd place, John Philips.
Team Winners ‘Gifcof’
Graeme Mahoney, Ian Falconer, Tony Livingstone.
Fastest time, Ian Falconer, 36.99, rd 2.
Myself Presenting Peter Payne owner of South Coast Sailplanes with his framed certificate, in acknowledgement of his 5 yrs of truly exceptional sponsorship of the English Open F3f event.
Official event presentation videos;- Produced by Graham & David Woods.
Competition Team video;- A ‘cracking’ video of Graeme Woods team ‘The good the bad the ugly’. http://favonius.com/soaring/English%20Open/English%20Open.mp4
Results & presentations video;- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUAgalOZ_A
The English Open F3f Charity raffle
In aid of both the UK’s blood cancer charity Bloodwise – https://bloodwise.org.uk , & Histio UK http://www.histiouk.org/ .
In memory of our so dearly missed Son Tom , (aged 26) .
Total fund raised an amazing £310.00
Who are Bloodwise, & Histio UK ?
Bloodwise are the UK’s blood cancer charity, they fund world class research into blood cancer. Additionally, they provide emotional & practical support to patients & their loved ones, & raise awareness of blood cancer. They are there for everyone effected by blood cancer, whether its Lymphoma, Leukemia, Myloma or other blood disorder.
Blood cancer is the 3rd biggest cancer killer in the UK, each year it claims more lives than both breast & prostate cancer.
Blood cancer is the 5th most common cancer in the UK with over 230,000 people living with it in the UK. 38,000 people are diagnosed each year.
Histio UK are the charity for the rare immune blood disorder Histiocytosis (HLH). This is a very serious rapidly progressive Immune system disorder that is very difficult to both diagnose & treat.
The Donations / Prizes;-
The Rosscourt Guest House, Bournemouth;- Peter Payne owner of South Coast Sailplanes & wife Debbie, very generously donated a 2 night stay for 2 Adults at their Guest House in Bournemouth. (value £198.00) https://therosscourtbedandbreakfast.co.uk/
The Whitesheet RFC;- An AHi slope aerobatic glider (value 135.00) https://dream-flight.com/products/ahi-kit
Steve Webb Models / Servo Shop;- A £25.00 gift voucher redeemable online or in store. https://www.stevewebb.co.uk/ & https://www.servoshop.co.uk/
Bucks Composites ;- Owner Graham Buckingham donated a £25.00 gift voucher redeemable online, from his excellent range of products https://www.bucks-composites.com/
BARCS;– 5 annual memberships to BARCS. value £50.00 https://www.barcs.co.uk/
Gorrilla Glue ;- a wide selection of Gorrilla glue products, to the value of £90.00 https://uk.gorillaglue.com/
A Family friend ;- Prosseco & wine .
Sincerest heartfelt thanks . Myself , my wife Gillian & sons Ben & Sam, all wish to give our most heartfelt sincerest thanks, both to all those who so very kindly & generously donated the ‘Cracking’ prizes, & to all who purchased raffle tickets. We are truly overwhelmed by you generosity.
With support such as this, the English Open F3f event will help beat blood cancer. Together ‘we will’ improve the lives of those suffering from blood cancer.
Together ‘we will’ beat Cancer, ‘we will’ save lives.
Thank you All.
Stuart, Gillian, Ben & Samuel Wallace.
THE ENGLISH OPEN F3f, 2018.
Whitesheet Aug 18-19th.
Spreadsheet available here ;– https://www.barcs.co.uk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13454.
Photographs courtesy of Winner Mike Shellim , https://rc-soar.smugmug.com/F3F/2018/English-Open/
The English Open F3f 2017 .
Winner John Philips. 2nd Tony Livingstone. 3rd Mark Treble.
Team Winners ;- Tea Swillers. pilots ;- John Philips, Erik Heijne, Mark Passingham.
Above – Winner John Philips is presented with the English Open ‘Free Flying Eagle’ winners trophie, by event Sponsor Peter Payne, owner of South Coast Sailplanes. (photo courtesy of Mike Shellim)
Above- Runner-up Tony Livingstone is presented with the English Open runners up ‘Free Flying Eagle’ trophie by Peter Payne. (Photo courtesy of Mike Shellim)
Above- Mark Treble is presented with the English Open 3rd place trophie by Peter.(Photo courtesy Mike Shellim)
Above- Winning Team ‘Tea Swillers’. Pilots -John Philips, Mark Passingham, Erik Heijne. (Photo courtesy of Mike Shellim)
- Above. 2017 Pilot Group Photo.
- Video;- Courtesy of our Club Chairman Chris Lamming ;-
(Below) Winner John Philips was on top form throughout the 2 days of the competition.
- Above ;- JP’s ‘Cracking’ haul of prizes;- English Open ‘Free Flying Eagle’ winners trophie, 1st prize of an X Models ‘Pushy cat’. both sponsored & donated by South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne.
- Plus Framed English Open winners & Team winners certificates. (designed & created by WRFC Chairman Chris Lamming). Silver cup for posting the ‘Fastest time’ of the competition with a 43.14
- Here is the link to my BARCS comp report ;- Comp report
- Photo’s ;-
- Here is the link to my own photo’s from the event ;– https://www.flickr.com/photos/53568953@N02/albums/72157686356013234
- Mike Shellim, reports & photo’s
- Mike has very kindly given me his permission to include a link to his excellent Rc Soar.com website. Mike has competed in all English Open competitions, he has written his own reports & taken a ‘cracking’ set of photo’s at each event. These are viewable by following the links.
- excellent F3f pilot, Mike is very well known for his ‘Cracking’ photography skills. Thank you very much Mike
- Here then is the link to Mikes report & photo’s of the 2017 event http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2017/engopen/index.php
The English Open 2016.
- Sadly, the event was not staged during this year. .
The English Open 2015.
Winner Mike Evans. 2nd Graeme Mahoney. 3rd Martin Drewett.
Team Winners ‘Gifcof’. Pilots Graeme Mahoney, Tony Livingstone. Martin Drewett.
Above, left to right ;- Runner up Graeme Mahoney, Winner Mike Evans, 3rd Martin Drewett.
- Sponsor, South Coast owner Peter Payne was sadly unable to attend, I therefore presented Mike with the English Open winners trophie, & the ‘Cracking’ first prize donated by Peter of an X models 1.9 DS.
- Here is the link to my Barcs comp report ;- Comp report
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC Soar.com website, to view his report & photo’s ;- http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2015/eo/index.php
The English Open 2014.
Winner Mike Evans, 2nd Mark Treble, 3rd Tony Livingstone.
- Above left to right, South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne, 2nd place Mark Treble, Winner Mike Evans, 3rd Tony Livingstone, Sloperacer owner Tony Fu.
- Photo’s ;- My son Sam’s ;- https://www.flickr.com/photos/127666513@N02/albums/72157647545478581 https://www.flickr.com/photos/127666513@N02/albums/72157647579615808
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s Rc Soar.com website, so as to view his report & photo’s;- http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2014/english_open/index.php
The event was not staged between 2008-2014
The English Open 2008.
Winner Mark Redsell, 2nd Keith Wood, 3rd Graham Reed.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s Rc Soar website for his report & photo’s from 2008;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2008/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2007.
Winner Kevin Newton, 2nd John Philips, 3rd John Bennet.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s Rc Soar website for his report & photo’s from 2007;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2007/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2006.
Winner Mike Shellim, 2nd John Bennet, 3rd John Philips.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2006;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2006/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2005.
Winner Mike Evans, 2nd Mark Southall, 3rd John Bennet.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2005 ;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2005/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2004.
Winner, Kevin Newton, 2nd Simon Hall, 3rd John McCurdy.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2004 ;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2004/2004_engopen/index.php
The English Open 2003.
Winner Ken Woodhouse, 2nd Andy Ellison, 3rd, Johb McCurdy.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2003;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2003/2003_eng_open/index.php
- I plan to add more information & photos for each year creating a history of the English Open F3f event. Be sure to visit again soon.
- Stu, Whitesheet Competition Secretary.