A Cracking’ English Open F3f 2019.
Twenty four pilots coming from across the UK competed in this years competition.
The event was blessed with dry weather, & a moderate SW-WSW breeze throughout.
A total of 16 rounds were flown.
The Podium ;-
1st, Congratulations to Andy Burgoyne, Winner of the 2019 English Open Trophy.
2nd, Congratulations to Whitesheet RFC member Graeme Mahoney on finishing in 2nd place,
3rd, Congratulations to John Philips on finishing in third place.
Congratulations to Whitesheet RFC’s Team ‘Gifcof’ on winning the 2019 English Open Team event. Team members;- Graeme Mahoney, Tony Livingstone, Ian Falconer.
Congratulations to Ian Falconer on winning the ‘Fastest time of the 2019 English Open.
The results .
available here English Open F3f 2019 Spreadsheet.
Available here to view soon.
Available here to view soon.
Stu. WRFC comp sec.
THE ENGLISH OPEN F3f, 2018.
Whitesheet Aug 18-19th.
Spreadsheet available here ;– https://www.barcs.co.uk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13454.
Photographs courtesy of Winner Mike Shellim , https://rc-soar.smugmug.com/F3F/2018/English-Open/
The English Open F3f 2017 .
Winner John Philips. 2nd Tony Livingstone. 3rd Mark Treble.
Team Winners ;- Tea Swillers. pilots ;- John Philips, Erik Heijne, Mark Passingham.
Above – Winner John Philips is presented with the English Open ‘Free Flying Eagle’ winners trophie, by event Sponsor Peter Payne, owner of South Coast Sailplanes. (photo courtesy of Mike Shellim)
Above- Runner-up Tony Livingstone is presented with the English Open runners up ‘Free Flying Eagle’ trophie by Peter Payne. (Photo courtesy of Mike Shellim)
Above- Mark Treble is presented with the English Open 3rd place trophie by Peter.(Photo courtesy Mike Shellim)
Above- Winning Team ‘Tea Swillers’. Pilots -John Philips, Mark Passingham, Erik Heijne. (Photo courtesy of Mike Shellim)
- Above. 2017 Pilot Group Photo.
- Video;- Courtesy of our Club Chairman Chris Lamming ;-
(Below) Winner John Philips was on top form throughout the 2 days of the competition.
- Above ;- JP’s ‘Cracking’ haul of prizes;- English Open ‘Free Flying Eagle’ winners trophie, 1st prize of an X Models ‘Pushy cat’. both sponsored & donated by South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne.
- Plus Framed English Open winners & Team winners certificates. (designed & created by WRFC Chairman Chris Lamming). Silver cup for posting the ‘Fastest time’ of the competition with a 43.14
- Here is the link to my BARCS comp report ;- Comp report
- Photo’s ;-
- Here is the link to my own photo’s from the event ;– https://www.flickr.com/photos/53568953@N02/albums/72157686356013234
- Mike Shellim, reports & photo’s
- Mike has very kindly given me his permission to include a link to his excellent Rc Soar.com website. Mike has competed in all English Open competitions, he has written his own reports & taken a ‘cracking’ set of photo’s at each event. These are viewable by following the links.
- excellent F3f pilot, Mike is very well known for his ‘Cracking’ photography skills. Thank you very much Mike
- Here then is the link to Mikes report & photo’s of the 2017 event http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2017/engopen/index.php
The English Open 2016.
- Sadly, the event was not staged during this year. .
The English Open 2015.
Winner Mike Evans. 2nd Graeme Mahoney. 3rd Martin Drewett.
Team Winners ‘Gifcof’. Pilots Graeme Mahoney, Tony Livingstone. Martin Drewett.
Above, left to right ;- Runner up Graeme Mahoney, Winner Mike Evans, 3rd Martin Drewett.
- Sponsor, South Coast owner Peter Payne was sadly unable to attend, I therefore presented Mike with the English Open winners trophie, & the ‘Cracking’ first prize donated by Peter of an X models 1.9 DS.
- Here is the link to my Barcs comp report ;- Comp report
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC Soar.com website, to view his report & photo’s ;- http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2015/eo/index.php
The English Open 2014.
Winner Mike Evans, 2nd Mark Treble, 3rd Tony Livingstone.
- Above left to right, South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne, 2nd place Mark Treble, Winner Mike Evans, 3rd Tony Livingstone, Sloperacer owner Tony Fu.
- Photo’s ;- My son Sam’s ;- https://www.flickr.com/photos/127666513@N02/albums/72157647545478581 https://www.flickr.com/photos/127666513@N02/albums/72157647579615808
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s Rc Soar.com website, so as to view his report & photo’s;- http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2014/english_open/index.php
The event was not staged between 2008-2014
The English Open 2008.
Winner Mark Redsell, 2nd Keith Wood, 3rd Graham Reed.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s Rc Soar website for his report & photo’s from 2008;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2008/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2007.
Winner Kevin Newton, 2nd John Philips, 3rd John Bennet.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s Rc Soar website for his report & photo’s from 2007;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2007/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2006.
Winner Mike Shellim, 2nd John Bennet, 3rd John Philips.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2006;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2006/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2005.
Winner Mike Evans, 2nd Mark Southall, 3rd John Bennet.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2005 ;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2005/eng_open/index.php
The English Open 2004.
Winner, Kevin Newton, 2nd Simon Hall, 3rd John McCurdy.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2004 ;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2004/2004_engopen/index.php
The English Open 2003.
Winner Ken Woodhouse, 2nd Andy Ellison, 3rd, Johb McCurdy.
- Here is the link to Mike Shellim’s RC soar website for his report & photo’s from 2003;- http://www.rc-soar.com/gallery/2003/2003_eng_open/index.php
- I plan to add more information & photos for each year creating a history of the English Open F3f event. Be sure to visit again soon.
- Stu, Whitesheet Competition Secretary.