Rules of the Whitesheet Radio Flying Club
WSRFC have flown from Whitesheet Down and various flat field sites in the area for nearly 40 years. We wish that this continues in the future. To this end, please respect the site and other users (members of the public) and the superb natural resource that has been made available to us by the National Trust.
It is a National Trust property and it is mandatory for each member to have adequate (BMFA) insurance.
Our Licence with The National Trust calls for all fliers at the site to have agreement by WSRFC before flying, and that proof of this, together with proof of insurance is available on the day. This can be by attending with a WSRFC member or by email to any member of WSRFC.
- Sounds onerous, but not really as most fliers will have their BMFA card in their wallet anyway, and it’s not difficult to email/phone WSRFC and obtain clearance in email form.Detailed rules and information available in the handbook, which can be downloaded from the link below.IF you have any further questions please do use the contact us page.
- We ask that all fliers familiarise themselves and comply with CAA guidelines on model flying.
- If you require guidance on models over 20Kg in weight we refer you to the scheme managed by the Large Model Association on behalf of the Civil Aviation Authority, it can be found at:
- Frequency control for non 2.4Ghz systems is by use of “peg-on”. With fliers placing a peg, with their frequency, on the fencing or disk at the slope in use.
If you have any questions about the policy or would like to know more about the information we hold about you, please use the contact page on this website and contact either the club Chairman or Treasurer, and we will take it from there.
The most important things to note in the policy, are that we will only use your information
- to provide the services to you that you need to be a member of the club
- and to contact you from time to time if you do not renew, for a period of one year after your membership expires.
We will not sell your information or share it with any third party, other than the BMFA, where this may be needed as part of our affiliation.
Please note this is the current draft document and it may not yet be perfect – as none of us, who have prepared it, are. Please feel free to contact us, discuss it and come along to the AGM where we can talk over any changes that might make it a better policy for our great club.