- These comps do involve a fair amount of hooning around at high speed, with resultant requirement of safety precautions.
- October 29th
- November 26th
- January 28th – yes nearly 2018 already!
- February 25th
- Please have a look at Stu’s posts under F3f on dates and venues.
- We will try and update the interweb if the comp is on, and at which venue.
- Southern Winter Lg 1 Oct 29th venue announcement. After study of the various forecasts, the venue for this event is to be ‘The Long Man, Wilmington, nr Eastbourne. The Whitesheet slopes are therefore OPEN as per usual to all WRFC members.
- OPEN SLOPES 2018 news from Chris Lamming coming soon ……
Weather call – it’s ONApologies, not quite noon, but near enough for jazz. Weather tomorrow looks pretty good – we might get a spot of the wet stuff in the afternoon, but perfectly flyable in the morning with a good SW breeze. Hopefully see you there – I’ll be the one in the tent, on bacon butty duty. Please note we are NOT on the flat field – we are up the slope!
Plan change – Now a Slope Event up the hillDue to the wind conditions and possibility of rain in the afternoon, this Sunday’s event has now changed to a slopeside event, either at Morgans or in the SW bowl of Whitesheet. A weather call will still be made around noon on Saturday, which will be mailed out, posted on barcs and put on the website here, but right now it looks like it will be a good day for the hill, if not for the original plan on the flat. I’m making this call early as this will give those who were kindly preparing food to bring a chance to change plans. I will be taking my camp stove up to Whitesheet as I did for the English Open, and will be supplying bacon rolls and tea/coffee.
Perfect weather and a great turn out for the third Open Slopes Event of 2017More info to come, but for now, here are the photos.
Tomorrow’s Open Slopes Event is ON!
The weather looks light tomorrow with gentle winds from the SW
All welcome to come along and fly at Whitesheet. There will likely be some of us with bungees, dlgs and electric assisted models.
As usual, tea, coffee and doughnuts will be provided, free of charge!
Hopefully see you there