Following on from the Prime Ministers announcement 23/08/2020 and the introduction of extreme measures severely limiting reasons why people can leave their homes. White Sheet RFC can no longer support anyone flying at White Sheet. From now until further notice all White Sheet RFC events are thus cancelled.
Please support us, yourself, and everyone, by adhering to all government rules introduced to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Be assured you will be the first to know when it’s safe to return to the skies at White Sheet.
In the meantime we strongly support the BMFA’s advice:Stay at home and finish off that winter project or make an early start on next winter’s masterpiece.
From us all, Stay safe, Stay strong and Stay well.
Obviously, as we all know, Brexit disturbed the Weather Gods to such an extent that they forgot to order the rain and sent only wind instead. With four less-than-perfect forecasts and one that was unbelievably good, it was of course the latter that saw the unexpected rain. Nevertheless, a record turnout on that day broke all the records for attendance, necessitating a 7-up rule to avoid the possibility of mid-airs. The downside of such numbers meant that we had to restrict the scale fly-in days to scale models only, for which I feel it necessary to apologise to those that do not fly scale models.
There was some epic fun during the season: vertical launches, tree perching, fuselages turning brown, and one inadvertent overflying of the pits that really frightened the horses!
I would like to nominate myself for the Person-Who-Forgot-To-Bring-The-Most- Glider-Parts this year: I doubt anyone can beat my tally…
Good to see that Geof Crew was awarded the prestigious “Launcher of the Year 2019” at the AGM – keep up the good work
With five of the six scheduled events run, this has to be some sort of record, and the great thing is, Bradders has chosen the dates for next year, so if normality returns I can dodge the blame. Let’s hope for his sake that this is not the case…
The Dates for 2020 are:
March 8th is CANCELLED, we now move to the reserve date of March 29th, Hopefully!
Proving that it takes all sorts at Whitesheet and following on from the success of the Princess flight at the May Open Slopes event, Pete Evans’ brought a Concorde of all things to the Scale Event that ran last week. Here are a few snaps of it on launch